Liam Gallagher says "the world went to p***" the day Oasis split
2 November 2023, 09:15
The former Oasis frontman has agreed with a fan who thinks it's time the Manchester band get back together.
Listen to this article
The frontman and his brother Noel had an infamous bust up in Paris, which saw the guitarist and chief songwriter quit the band ahead of their set at Rock en Seine in 2009.
The estranged siblings haves both gone on to have successful solo careers, but it seems Liam thinks it's always the right time for a reunion.
When a fan remarked that it's time the band got back together, the Wall Of Glass singer replied: "It’s always time shouldn’t have split up day get me bruv the world went to piss the day we split up".
It’s always time shouldn’t have split up day get me bruv the world went to piss the day we split up— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) October 30, 2023
- READ MORE: Why did Oasis split? The full story of Liam and Noel Gallagher's feud...
- Who was the Oasis anthem Wonderwall written about?
- What will Liam Gallagher play on his Definitely Maybe 30th Anniversary tour dates?
Liam may believe everything went downhill after Oasis split, but his brother begs to differ. In fact the Ballad of the Mighty I singer recently accused Liam of trying to "rewrite history" when it comes to the final days of the band.
According to the Daily Star, Noel looked back at the testing time and said: "The last tour was not happy. The other fella is trying to rewrite history that it was all f****** great. It wasn't.
"It was a f****** dreadful last year of Oasis."
Referring to his decision to leave the band, he added: "You get one shot at life. Why be unhappy? Whether it be in your personal or professional life, why?
"You're just wasting a precious thing."
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Liam hit back claiming that the negative energy only came from one side of the band.
Taking to X, he wrote: "Him and his not so solid crew made it dreadful but as you well know I am Jedi and I had a lovely time".
Him and his not so solid crew made it dreadful but as you well know I am Jedi and I had a lovely time— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) October 19, 2023
Oasis may not be getting back together any time soon, but Liam is set to help fans turn back the clock with his Definitely Maybe 30th anniversary tour dates next year, where he'll play the band's debut album in full as well as B-sides from the era.
However, any fans hoping to see Noel pop up on the tour will be sorely disappointed as the Rock 'n' Roll Star singer claims Noel "refused" to take part.
Asked by a fan whether fans would be surprised on the dates by his brother and former bandmate, the Wall Of Glass singer replied: "He’s been asked and he’s refused".
He’s been asked and he’s refused— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) October 17, 2023
Liam has also recently told fans not to expect to hear any of his solo songs on the special dates, but has teased they can expect songs such as their Beatles' cover I Am The Walrus, the Live Forever B-Side Cloudburst and more.
No solo stuffs def maybe album b sides I am the walrus that’s well worth 8 grand a ticket— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) October 31, 2023
- Liam Gallagher: Facts about the Oasis legend
- 50 of Liam Gallagher's best ever quotes
- What’s on the TV on the cover of Oasis album Definitely Maybe?
Liam Gallagher - Live Forever live at Radio X
See Liam Gallagher's 2024 Definitely Maybe 30 Years UK & Ireland tour dates:
- Saturday 1st June 2024: Sheffield Utilita Arena - SOLD OUT
- Monday 3rd June 2024: Cardiff Utilita Arena- SOLD OUT
- Thursday 6th June 2024: London The O2 - SOLD OUT
- Friday 7th June 2024: London The O2 - SOLD OUT
- Monday 10th June 2024: London The O2 - SOLD OUT
- Tuesday 11th June 2024: London The O2 - SOLD OUT - (EXTRA DATE ADDED)
- Saturday 15th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live - SOLD OUT
- Sunday 16th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live - SOLD OUT
- Wednesday 19th June 2024: Glasgow OVO Hydro - SOLD OUT
- Thursday 20th June 2024: Glasgow OVO Hydro - SOLD OUT
- Sunday 23rd June 2024: Dublin 3Arena - SOLD OUT
- Monday 24th June 2024: Dublin 3Arena - SOLD OUT
- Thursday 27th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live - SOLD OUT
- Wednesday 28th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live - SOLD OUT - (EXTRA DATE ADDED)