Liam Gallagher says joint album with John Squire will be "the best record since Revolver"
24 October 2023, 10:46 | Updated: 24 October 2023, 14:46
The ex-Oasis frontman has compared his project with the former Stone Roses guitarist to The Beatles' 1966 album.
Listen to this article
The former Oasis frontman previously revealed he's been working with The Stone Roses legend and when a fan asked him what could be expected from their material, he compared it to The Fab Four's 1966 album, which included the likes of Eleanor Rigby, Yellow Submarine and Got to Get you into My Life.
Quizzed by a fan if they can expect to see the joint record released next year, Liam replied: "It’s the best record since revolver".
It’s the best record since revolver— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) October 23, 2023
When another fan suggested it was a "big statement" to make, the Some Might Say singer added: "What’s coming your way is bigger I’m being humble it pisses all over it".
What’s coming your way is bigger I’m being humble it pisses all over it— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) October 23, 2023
The first suggestion of the Manchester legends working together came when Squire joined on stage during his Knebworth shows to perform the Oasis 1995 classic Champagne Supernova last year.
After the landmark gig, Gallagher took to X (formerly Twitter) to tease a future project between them, writing: “Super group incoming LG JS.”
Then, speaking on Apple Music 1’s Home Sessions, Liam confirmed the pair were going to work together at "some point" and he's hoping to sing on some tunes for him.
When asked if they had any plans, he said: "Yeah. Serious, man. But we've got things to do first, and he's got things to clear up and that. But yeah, I'm definitely going to do summat at some point."
- READ MORE: 50 of Liam Gallagher's best ever quotes
- 10 things you didn’t know about The Beatles’ Revolver album
- Liam Gallagher responds to Glastonbury 2024 rumours
The pair might be working together in the studio, but there doesn't appear to be any plans for him to join him on tour just yet.
Asked by a fan if we could expect the Fools Gold legend to join him on stage during his Definitely Maybe 30th anniversary tour, Liam simply replied: "Nope".
Nope— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) October 23, 2023
One person we likely won't see there either is Liam's estranged brother and former Oasis bandmate Noel Gallagher, who Liam claims "refused" to take part.
He’s been asked and he’s refused— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) October 17, 2023
Tickets for Liam's mammoth 30th anniversary gigs went on sale last Friday (20th October) and due to phenomenal demand, the Rock 'n' Roll star add a fourth date to both The O2 London and Manchester's Co-op Live.
Taking to X to thank his fans for the overwhelming response, the 51-year-old rocker wrote: "Thank you for the continued BIBLICAL support bring on the summer can’t f***ing wait LG x"
Thank you for the continued BIBLICAL support bring on the summer can’t fucking wait LG x— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) October 20, 2023
- READ MORE: Siblings who rock: bands with brothers and sisters
- Liam Gallagher: Facts about the Oasis legend
- Which Oasis songs did Liam Gallagher write?
Liam Gallagher answers his Most Googled Questions
See Liam Gallagher's 2024 Definitely Maybe 30 Years UK & Ireland tour dates:
- Saturday 1st June 2024: Sheffield Utilita Arena - SOLD OUT
- Monday 3rd June 2024: Cardiff Utilita Arena- SOLD OUT
- Thursday 6th June 2024: London The O2 - SOLD OUT
- Friday 7th June 2024: London The O2 - SOLD OUT
- Monday 10th June 2024: London The O2 - SOLD OUT
- Tuesday 11th June 2024: London The O2 - SOLD OUT *EXTRA DATE ADDED*
- Saturday 15th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live - SOLD OUT
- Sunday 16th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live - SOLD OUT
- Wednesday 19th June 2024: Glasgow OVO Hydro - SOLD OUT
- Thursday 20th June 2024: Glasgow OVO Hydro - SOLD OUT
- Sunday 23rd June 2024: Dublin 3Arena - SOLD OUT
- Monday 24th June 2024: Dublin 3Arena - SOLD OUT
- Thursday 27th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live - SOLD OUT
- Wednesday 28th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live - SOLD OUT *EXTRA DATE ADDED*