Hear The Killers and Bruce Springsteen's Dustland collaboration
16 June 2021, 11:49 | Updated: 16 June 2021, 12:00
Springsteen has kept busy during the pandemic and shared an exciting new collaboration with The Killers, based on their 2008 single.
The Killers and Bruce Springsteen have unveiled their Dustland collaboration, which is a re-recording of the band's 2008 single A Dustland Fairytale.
Listen to their reworking of the song, which is taken from the Las Vegas band's Day And Age album, below:
The New Jersey legend previously teased his collaborations with Brandon Flowers and co and went on to reveal he'd also been working with heartland rock star John Mellencamp.
During an appearance on Sirius XM's E Street Radio, Springsteen said: "It’s Brandon and I with the band, we have done something that is going to come out soon, in a week or so. I’ve been staying busy."
Of Mellancamp, he added: "I worked on three songs on John’s album and I spent some time in Indiana with him. I love John a lot. He’s a great songwriter and I have become very close and had a lot of fun with him. I sang a little bit on his record."
The Killers also took to their socials to confirm the news of their collab with Springsteen, writing on Twitter: "Looks like the cat’s out of the bag. When The Boss decides it’s time to make an announcement, it’s time to make an announcement."
Looks like the cat’s out of the bag. When The Boss decides it’s time to make an announcement, it’s time to make an announcement. pic.twitter.com/0ltbHfwdpG— The Killers (@thekillers) June 10, 2021
Earlier in the week, the band also teased fans about a "killer collab", encouraging them to submit their predictions.
Some fans took a stab and said it was The Cure's Robert Smith, while other guessed Phoebe Bridgers, Chris Martin and even Taylor Swift.
As well as this new collaboration with Springsteen, The Killers announced back in April that they've finished working on their new album, which is slated to drop this year.
However, fans on this side of the pond won't see them until 2022, after the band were forced to postpone their Imploding The Mirage Dates once again due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The band said in a statement: "UK and Ireland friends… We’re sorry, but there’s no way around this. These will be the same great shows, but we have to move them to next year. All tickets will be honoured, so we really hope you can still join us!”
THE KILLERS UK TOUR DATES 2022
- 24 May 2022 Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster (with Blossoms)
- 26 May 2022 Ashton Gate, Bristol (with Manic Street Preachers)
- 28 May 2022 Ricoh Stadium, Coventry (with Manic Street Preachers)
- 30 May 2022 St Mary's Stadium, Southampton (with Blossoms)
- 1 June 2022 Riverside, Middlesborough (with Manic Street Preachers)
- 3 June 2022 Emirates Stadium, London (with Sam Fender)
- 4 June 2022 Emirates Stadium, London (with Sam Fender)
- 6 June 2022 Falkirk Stadium (tickets for the original show will be valid for this date) (with Blossoms)
- 7 June 2022 Falkirk Stadium (tickets on sale Friday, 12 March at 9am GMT) (with Supergrass)
- 9 June 2022 Carrow Road Stadium, Norwich (with Blossoms)
- 11 June 2022 Emirates Old Trafford Stadium, Manchester (with Blossoms)
The two Irish dates at Dublin's Malahide Castle will now take place on 14 and 15 June 2022.