Terms and conditions: Text to win a guitar signed by Liam Gallagher
13 October 2019, 21:29 | Updated: 13 October 2019, 21:32
Terms and conditions for the competition currently running on Radio X.
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is Radio X.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword to the following radio station shortcode RADIO X – 83936 (LIAM) (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. The Text Message Line will open at 14.00 on 13 SEPTEMBER 2019 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 19.00 on 11 October 2019 (the “Closing Time”).
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £5 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £5 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £5 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. After the Closing Time of the competition, a winning Entrant will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be notified that they have won using the number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. The winner may be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. if the call is not answered, goes to voicemail, or the Entrant is driving, or the quality of the call is not sufficient for broadcast (at the Promoter’s discretion), the chance to win the prize will be forfeited. Another Entrant will be selected as above. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
8. You must be 18 or over to enter the Competition.
9. You must enter from a UK mobile.
10. You can enter up to 6 times only, however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £5 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
11. The prize consists of one brand new Epiphone EJ-200 guitar signed by Liam Gallagher.
12. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
13. The prize is non transferable.
Specific prize terms:
- Colour cannot be guaranteed.
- Free delivery is included for all UK addresses. Alternatively, items can be collected from 30 Leicester Square, WC2H 7LA.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks for delivery of the prize.
- We try to ensure the items are delivered in pristine condition, however cannot accept responsibility for damage which occurs in transit.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative.
- This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG831-51159-55647).
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000.