VIDEO: Bono Gives Impassioned Brexit Speech At U2's O2 London Gig
24 October 2018, 12:15 | Updated: 24 October 2018, 12:21
The One singer mourned the "loss of shared dreams" during their band's gig on Tuesday.
Bono has made his views on Brexit known again at U2's gig at The O2, London.
The Irish legends played the first of their two gigs at the venue on Tuesday (23 October), where their frontman took the opportunity to speak to the crowd just before playing their New Year's Day track.
Watch the moment in our video above.
As NME reports, backed by an image of the European Union flag on the screen, their frontman said: "We’ve just been touring all across Europe and whatever you think about it, all we heard about from Madrid to Berlin to Paris to Amsterdam is that people love the UK."
He added: "They love you. And no-one wants you to leave. And that’s just the truth. For us it’s more than just a gold star falling off a blue flag. It’s a loss of shared dreams, shared strengths. Without you, we are less. Without you, the English, the Scottish, the Welsh, the Northern Irish, we are less.”
Watch them play Beautiful Day at the gig in our video below:
Watch them play One at the London gig as fans light up the arena with their phones:
See U2's setlist at The O2, London on 23 October here:
1. The Blackout
2. Lights of Home (St. Peter's String Version)
3. I Will Follow
6. Zoo Station
7. The Fly
8. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
9. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
(Gavin Friday Remix)
10. Elevation (Influx Remix intro)
12. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Fish Out of Water Remix)
13. Acrobat (with "Halls of Mirrors" snippet)
14. You're the Best Thing About Me (full band acoustic)
15. Summer of Love (Bono and The Edge only)
16. Pride (In the Name of Love)
17. Get Out of Your Own Way
18. New Year's Day (reworked version, no final verse)
19. City of Blinding Lights (with "Ode to Joy" snippet)
Women of the World (Jim O’Rourke song)
20. One (with "Invisible" snippet)
21. Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
22. 13 (There Is a Light)