10 Songs That Ask BIG Questions
18 February 2017, 07:00 | Updated: 9 August 2017, 17:50
Who? Why? How? What? Rock ’n’ roll is full of questions - some more stupid than others. Radio X counts down ten of the great unanswerables, from How Was It For You? to Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
1. James - How Was It For You?
A post-coital query (we think) from Tim Booth.
2. Travis - Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
Because you live in Scotland, Fran?
3. The Smiths - What Difference Does It Make?
It makes none, says Morrissey in this classic song.
4. The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go?
5. The Zutons - Why Won’t You Give Me Your Love?
Another needy lot - this time, from Liverpool.
6. Moby - Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?
Dunno Moby - what with him being a healthy vegan and all?
7. The Killers - Human
Are we human, asks Brandon Flowers? Or are we dancer? We still don’t understand what he means, all these years later.
8. The Mock Turtles - Can You Dig It?
See also: Pop Will Eat Itself’s similar query.
9. Oasis - Morning Glory
Liam asks: What’s the story? Oo-er.
10. David Bowie - Life On Mars?
Well, we’ve sent Curiosity Rover up there to find out.