Terms and Conditions: Car Roulette
Terms and conditions for the competition currently running on The Chris Moyles Show on Radio X.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - “Car Roulette” on Radio X, February 2019
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.radiox.co.uk/competition-terms-conditions/) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to “Car Roulette” radio competition (the “Competition”) which will run from Monday 4th February to Friday 8th February 2019 (the “Duration”) on Radio X (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. Listeners will be required to answer a question as directed by the presenter(s) on-air.
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message starting with the keyword as directed by the presenter(s), followed by their answer and their name to 83936 (the “Text Message Line”) within the opening and closing times of the Competition, during the Chris Moyles Show. Text messages will be charged at £1.50 plus standard network rates.
5. On entering the Competition, Entrants will receive a text message that invites them to take part in our 4-for-2 offer, whereby if they enter a second time within the same competition round, they will receive two additional entries into that competition round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once they’ve entered for the second time and they will not need to text again to claim this
6. The opening and closing times of the competition will be given on-air by the presenter(s). If listeners text after the closing time, they will not be entered but they may still be charged. Global Radio is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of your text messages to and/or from us.
7. After the closing time, entries will be selected at random from all of the entries received during the valid entry period. For each of the selected Entries, If their answer is incorrect, another Entry will be selected at random until an Entry with the correct answer is selected, winners are decided, and the prizes for the Competition awarded.
8. There will be one round per day, and a number of winners will be selected from each round. For rounds 1 to 4 inclusive (Monday 4th to Thursday 7th February), nine winners will be selected, and for round 5 (Friday 8th February) one winner will be selected
9. Each winner will be assigned a number (their prize). For the rounds with 9 winners, the software will generate numbers ‘1’ to ‘9’ inclusive each time. For the round with only 1 winner, the software will generate just one number – the number ‘1’. These numbers from each round will be assigned a number on a ‘roulette wheel’ as per this table:
|Round Number||Number produced by winner-picking software for each winning entrant||Number on roulette wheel|
10. If an entry selected as a winner is an entry with an incorrect answer (or is ineligible for any other reason), another entry will be selected at random in the same way.
11. When a new entry has to be randomly selected, this new entry will display the same number as the originally selected entry on the winner-picking software, and thus will be assigned the same number on the roulette wheel.
12. Incorrectly-spelled answers may be accepted at the discretion of the Producer. The Producer’s decision is final.
13. Each round, an entrant may only win once, regardless of how many entries they make. If the winner-picking software produces an entrant’s phone number more than once in a round, a new winner will be picked and will correspond to the same number on the winner picker.
Additionally, a winner may not enter any subsequent rounds of the Competition. If they do, their entries will be charged but they won’t be eligible to win again.
14. For the rounds taking place Monday 4th – Thursday 7th February inclusive, winners will be called within one hour of the lines closing if their entry is selected. For the round taking place Friday 8th February, a winning entrant will be called during the Chris Moyles show that same morning. If the entrant fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and unable to pull over, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of suitable quality, the call may be terminated and another Entrant selected at random as a winner. A maximum of two attempts to reach the caller will be made. The Producer’s decision is final. Entrants may be required to speak to the presenter on air and give their name and location
15. The roulette wheel (described in rule 9) is a giant representation of a roulette wheel and its numbered segments, positioned on a circular car test track. On Friday 8th February, during the Chris Moyles Show, a car will be driven around the outside of this roulette wheel, with a small amount of petrol in it. The car will have an arrow marked on it. When the car runs out of petrol and stops, whichever numbered segment intersects the arrow tip and the centre point of the roulette wheel is the winning number. The winner of the Grand Prize (see Prize section) is the Entrant who won that number on the roulette wheel (in the process described in rule 9). For the avoidance of doubt, the point of intersection between the centre and the arrow is designated as the outermost edge of the numbered segment.
16. The car will intentionally be driven until it runs out of petrol, and comes to a “stop”, this will be when the engine cuts out and the car slows to a standstill, not when shown ‘empty’ on a petrol gauge, or the moment that the engine cuts, it’s where the vehicle stops.
There are other circumstances where the car may come to a stop.
• If it breaks down after starting the drive around the roulette wheel, this will be classed as a “stop”
• If it gets a puncture or other immobilizing damage, we will stop, try to repair, but if we’re unable to fix it within 10 minutes, this will be declared a stop.
• If the driver feels ill or can no longer continue, we will temporarily halt the car, change drivers before continuing to drive around the wheel.
• If there are any unforeseen health and safety circumstances to declare a stop.
The producers will clearly declare a stop.
17. If necessary, the car will continue to be driven until we have a winner, even if this is after the usual end time of the Chris Moyles Show.
18. Global reserves the right to change the dates of any element of the competition, where programming output requires it. If the car doesn’t drive on the day, we may use another method of random selection to determine the winner.
19. If the producers cannot determine a clear winner, and producers decision is final, they will declare a tie break. In the event of a tie-break, a random selection between the two segments will take place.
20. Global reserves the right to change the dates of any element of the competition for any health & safety reasons, including calling off due to extreme weather conditions.
21. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
22. You can enter the competition a maximum of 20 times each round (excluding any free entries). We strongly advise against excessive use.
23. If the overall winner of the grand prize is later found to be ineligible after the competition has closed, a random draw will be done with the remaining 36 winners only.
24. The prize for each winner is one of 37 numbered segments on a circular car test track
25. Of the 37 winners, one overall winner (chosen via the process in rule 16) will receive a Grand Prize - a Mini Cooper Classic 3-door hatch, manual, at standard ‘Cooper Classic’ specification. The car used on the Roulette wheel will not be the prize.
26. Insurance, road tax and other extras are not included
27. The car will be registered with the DVLA in the name of the overall winner. At the time of contacting the prize winner to make them aware of their win, we will advise them of cars in the Mini dealership network that are available for immediate delivery that meet the prize description, and we will arrange any of these if the winner gives the go ahead. This process takes place around 2 weeks later. If the winner would prefer not to accept any of the cars immediately available, we will order a brand new car from Mini as per the winners request, and this will get made by Mini with a timeframe they will advise in advance, which the winner will be made aware of. We will give the winner the option to gift the car to someone else if they wish. The winner is responsible for insuring the car and proof of insurance for the person collecting/receiving the car must be provided prior to the car being collected/ delivered.
28. The overall winner will be required to provide their full name and address, in order that the prize can be delivered.
29. The prize is non-transferrable, and alternatives will not be offered.
30. Global reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 Leicester Square, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212196.