Win tickets to Radio X Presents An Evening With Richard Ashcroft
11 December 2018, 06:00 | Updated: 14 December 2018, 21:04
The former Verve frontman and solo superstar will be interviewed by John Kennedy in front of an audience next week. Here’s how you can win the final tickets.
From his days as the frontman of The Verve with their influential hits Bitter Sweet Symphony and The Drugs Don’t Work, to his hugely successful solo career including the latest album Natural Rebel, Richard Ashcroft is one of music’s most enigmatic and charismatic characters.
An Evening with Richard Ashcroft will take place at London's Hammersmith Club on Monday 17 December in support of Global's Make Some Noise.
Richard will join Radio X’s John Kennedy - the most trusted man in music - to talk about his music, career, life and philosophy in front of an audience of 150 people. Ashcroft will also perform acoustic versions of some of his songs - both old and new.
Listen to Radio X every day between Monday to Friday this week between 6.30am to 9pm for your chance to win.
Texts cost your standard network rate, plus once you've entered we'll do the bit that raises the money for all those good causes and will automatically take a donation of £5 unless you text CANCEL as instructed in the first text message we send you. 100% of your donation will go to Global's Make Some Noise. You must be 18 or over to take part.
Full terms and conditions are below
Global’s Make Some Noise is Radio X's very own charity, supporting small but brilliant projects across the UK which help children, young people and their families living with illness, disability or lack of opportunity. By supporting Global’s Make Some Noise, you’ll be helping small projects make a big difference, so thank you. More information is available at makesomenoise.com.
Radio X Presents An Evening With Richard Ashcroft - Terms and Conditions
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is RADIO X.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the on air competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword to the following radio station shortcodes RADIO X – 83936 (ASHCROFT) (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. The Text Message Line will open each day Monday 10th December – Friday 14th December between 06:30 (the “Opening Time”) and 21:00 (the “Closing Time”).
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £5 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £5 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £5 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. After the Text Message Line closing time each day, one Entrant will be selected at random from all of the entries received during the valid entry period. Each day one winning entrant will receive one pair of tickets.
8. The winner will be notified that they have won using the number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. The winner may be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
10. You must be 18 or over to enter the Competition.
11. You can enter up to 6 times per day, however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £5 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
12. A pair of tickets for Radio X Presents An Evening with Richard Ashcroft in Hammersmith, London on 17th December (the “Event”).
13. This is a one-off event. No alternative dates or locations are available. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
14. The prize is non-transferable and must not be resold.
Specific prize terms - Radio X Presents An Evening with Richard Ashcroft:
15. Prize includes two tickets to the Event, which will be held in London on 17th December.
16. All incidental expenses, including (but not limited to) travel, food, drink and accommodation, are the responsibility of the prize-winner.
17. Radio X and Global Radio cannot be held responsible in circumstances where the Event is changed or cancelled for reasons outside of their control.
19. In order to claim your prize and attend the Event, you will need to submit the name and date of birth for both you and your guest as soon as possible to Radio X (the method and deadline for doing this will be specified in a confirmation email to all winners). If you fail to submit this information by this deadline, you and your guest will be refused entry to the Event.
20. All Event attendees must be 18 or over on the date of the Event in order to attend.
21. In order to gain entry to the Event, each attendee must bring valid Government issued photo ID.
22. Failure to comply with these rules may mean that entry to the Event is denied.
23. We require winner name, contact number, Date of Birth and email to facilitate the prize.
The Promoters are Global Radio, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG831-51159-55647). Global Charities is registered with the Fundraising Regulator. Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA.
If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs at http://www.makesomenoise.com/premium-rate-phone-text-faqs/ or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212 196.