Terms and Conditions: Car Roulette (May 2021)
Terms and conditions for the competition currently running on The Chris Moyles Show on Radio X.
Car Roulette with Motorpoint on Radio X, May 2021 – Specific Rules.
1. The Car Roulette with Motorpoint promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Monday 24th May 2021 to Friday 28th May 2021 on the Radio X Network. Global is the Promoter. The “Promotion Partners” mentioned in these Specific Rules are Motorpoint Limited.
2, IMPORTANT: THIS PROMOTION IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IS NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF NORTHERN IRELAND, THE ISLE OF MAN OR THE CHANNEL ISLANDS. The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3, To enter the Promotion, you must listen to The Chris Moyles Show on Radio X between 06:30 and 10:00 each week day from Monday 24th May to Friday 28th May 2021, and text in the answer to a question delivered on-air by the Presenter.
4. You must send a text message starting with the keyword as stated on air by the presenter(s) and your answer to 83936 (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at £2 plus one standard network rate message.
5. The Text Message Line will open and close as directed on-air by the Presenter. There will be five rounds in total, one round each day of the Promotion (see clause 11). Entries received before or after these times will not be included in the Promotion but may still be charged.
6. We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us. Furthermore, we are not responsible for erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone handset or network error.
7. On entering the Promotion, you will receive a text message that invites you to take part in a 4-for-2 offer, whereby if you enter the Promotion a second time within the same Promotion round, you will receive an additional two text entries into that Promotion round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once you’ve entered for the second time and you will not need to text again to claim this. If you do submit a third text entry for the Promotion, you will be charged. It is your responsibility to ensure that if you respond to this offer, the text lines for the Promotion round are still open when you do so.
8. Once the lines have closed, a specified number of entrants (as per the table in clause 12) will be selected at random from all the entries received during that round, and awarded a place on the Car Roulette Wheel and £250 cash (the Minor Prize).
9. The selected entries must be eligible and have the correct answer. If you are one of those randomly selected eligible entrants, one of our representatives will call you on the telephone number on which you entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
10. If you are a selected entrant you must be available to answer your phone. You may be asked to have a call with a presenter and confirm your name. That call will either be broadcast live or pre-recorded for future broadcast. If you’re selected as a winner between Monday 24th & Thursday 27th May, we will attempt to call you once the Promotion round has closed. If you don’t answer, we will continue to attempt to call you. If we cannot make contact with you by 12:00 on Thursday 27th May 2021, you will not be declared a winner and a replacement entry will be selected at random in your place. If you’re one of these replacement entrants you must be available to answer your phone between 12:00 and 17:00 Thursday 27th May 2021. We will attempt to call any replacement entrants twice. If you’re the randomly selected entrant during Friday’s Chris Moyles show, you will need to be available to answer your phone once the lines have closed and if you don’t answer within two attempts, another entry will be selected at random in your place. Someone else cannot answer the phone, participate or accept a prize on your behalf. If: (i) you fail to answer the phone; (ii) someone else answers the phone; (iii) the call goes to voicemail; (iv) the call becomes disconnected; or (v) you are not (or do not seem to be) in a position to safely and/or lawfully take or remain on the call (for example, if you are or seem to be driving); or (vi) you are not audible or intelligible or we are not able to conduct a conversation with you in a manner that is suitable for broadcast for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to: low/no signal on your device, a call is dropped by any network, you are travelling, there is too much background noise or feedback, etc.); before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable. If you have complied with all applicable terms and conditions, and if you are successful then you will be declared one of the winners of the Promotion round.
11. For rounds 1 to 4 inclusive (Monday 24th May to Thursday 27th May 2021) 9 winners will be selected in each round. For round 5 (Friday 28th May 2021) 1 winner will be selected.
12. For the rounds with 9 winners, the software will generate numbers ‘1’ to ‘9’ inclusive each time. For the round with only 1 winner, the software will generate just one number – the number ‘1’. These numbers from each round will be allocated to a winning entrant and assigned a number on a ‘roulette wheel’ as per this table:
|Round Number||Number produced by winner-picking software for each winning entrant||Number on roulette wheel|
13. If a new entry has to be randomly selected, this new entry will display the same number as the originally selected entry on the winner picking software, and thus will be assigned the same number on the Car Roulette Wheel.
14. The Car Roulette Wheel as described in clause 12 &13 is a giant representation of a Roulette Wheel and it has 37 numbered segments, positioned on a circular car test track. On Friday 28th May 2021, during The Chris Moyles Show, a car will be driven around the outside of this roulette wheel, with a small amount of charge in it. The car will have an arrow marked on it. When the car runs out of charge and stops, whichever numbered segment intersects the arrow tip and the centre point of the roulette wheel will be declared the winning number.
15. The winner of the car (the Major Prize) is the Entrant who won that number on the roulette wheel (in the process described in clause 12). For the avoidance of doubt, the point of intersection between the centre and the arrow is designated as the outermost edge of the numbered segment.
16. The car will intentionally be driven until it runs out of charge, and comes to a “stop”, this will be when the engine cuts out and the car slows to a standstill, not when shown ‘empty’ on a gauge, or the moment that the engine cuts, but where the vehicle stops.
There are other circumstances where the car may come to a stop.
• If it breaks down after starting the drive around the roulette wheel, this will be classed as a “stop”
• If it gets a puncture or other immobilizing damage, we will stop, try to repair, but if we’re unable to fix it within 10 minutes, this will be declared a “stop”
• If the driver feels ill or can no longer continue, we will temporarily halt the car, change drivers before continuing to drive around the wheel
• If there is any extreme weather or external factors limiting the safety of the car being driven at any point, we will stop and endeavour to resume within 10 minutes. The decision of Global’s representatives is final.
17. If necessary, the car will continue to be driven until we have a winner, even if this is after the usual end time of the Chris Moyles Show.
18. Global reserves the right to change the dates of any element of the competition, where programming output requires it. If the car doesn’t drive on the day, we may use another method of random selection to determine the winner.
19. If the producers cannot determine a clear winner, they will declare a tie break. In the event of a tie-break, a random selection between the two segments will take place. The Producer’s decision is final.
20, Promotion rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. We reserve the right to take the Promotion off-air at any time, should programming output require it.
21. For the avoidance of doubt, unless otherwise expressly stated, each Promotion round is a separate round and the text system will be re-set after each round.
22. We and Motorpoint Limited may publish and publicise your name and your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
23. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we and Motorpoint Limited may interview you and your guest(s)/travel companions(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companions(s) in connection with the Promotion either by telephone or in person and we may use such films, recordings and/or photograph(s) for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
24. By entering the Promotion you are requesting that we process your entry into the Promotion immediately. We complete the entry process immediately following receipt of your entry and therefore you acknowledge that once you enter the Promotion you will lose any right you may have to cancel your entry and receive a refund (whether under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 or otherwise).
25. The Promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain (i.e. England, Scotland and Wales only) aged 18 and over, and who are based in Great Britain at the time of entry. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion is NOT open to residents of Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
26. Multiple entries are permitted up to a maximum of 12 entries per day; any additional entries above this limit will be excluded from the Promotion. The Promotion is for entertainment purposes only and we strongly advise against excessive use.
27. If you win a cash prize during the Promotion, you may not enter the Promotion again and we reserve the right to withhold or reclaim any second or subsequent prize for the duration of that Promotion.
28. There will be 37 Minor Prize winners, and 1 Major Prize winner.
29. The 37 Minor Prize winners will each receive £250 cash.
30. One overall winner will win the Major Prize (chosen via the process outlined in clauses 14 and 15) consisting of a second hand Audi A3 Sportback Five Door Hatchback in colour ‘Brilliant Black’, plus £155 for annual road tax, in addition to the Minor Prize.
Major Prize Details:
31. The Car will include 36 months warranty, mileage no greater than 600 miles, and up to date MOT. Fuel type is ‘Pre-unleaded’ with a 45 litre capacity.
32. The car is classified as “used” and has previously been owned. Service history will be provided to the Prize Winner upon claiming the Prize.
33. For the avoidance of doubt, car insurance is not included in the prize and it will be the winner’s responsibility to obtain their own insurance for the vehicle.
34. For the avoidance of doubt, road tax will not be included in the prize. £155 will be transferred to the Major Prize winner to cover 1 years’ worth of road tax, along with their £250 Minor Prize (a total of £405 – see clause 39). The Major Prize winner will be able to tax their vehicle via the DVLA website, upon receiving the 12 digit V5 number which will be sent to them the day prior to home delivery.
35. The Major Prize will be delivered by Motorpoint to the Major Prize winner’s nominated postal address within 28 days of winning.
36. At the time of contacting the Major Prize winner to make them aware of their win, we will ask them to confirm their contact details. These contact details will be passed on to a representative of Motorpoint Limited who will be in touch with the Major Prize winner to organise the car handover.
37. The prize winner must provide ID and proof of their current home address before the car handover. ID can be in the form of a driver’s license or passport. If the Prize winner’s ID does not show their current address, proof of address should be provided in the form of a utility bill or other official letter which shows the Prize winner’s name and current home address.
38. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available except in our sole discretion.
Minor Prize Details:
39. For Minor Prize winners, if you provide all necessary details via the method directed by 4pm of the day that you enter the Promotion, we will aim to initiate the transfer of funds on the same day, in our discretion, otherwise will aim to do so on the following working day. If you provide your details on any other day, we will aim to initiate the transfer of funds the next working day after those details are received by us. You must provide all necessary details via the method directed within 14 days after the original request to do so otherwise the prize will be forfeited in our discretion.
40. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
All Prize Details:
41. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
42. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
43. We are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
44. Your personal data will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited and Quidem Limited), Motorpoint Limited, as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
45. We may hold your personal data for a period of 2 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
46. You may be asked if you want to opt-in to marketing from us or our Promotional Partners when you enter the Promotion. If you choose to opt-in, we and/or our Promotional Partners (as applicable) will use your personal data for marketing purposes.
49. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting email@example.com. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
50. If you are required to submit a guest(s)/travel companion(s) personal data to enter a Promotion, you must ensure that your guest(s)/travel companion(s) have given you consent to provide us with their personal data.