Radio X: Dollar Shave Club on-air
One-Off Win T&CS
Dollar Shave Club on Radio X – May 2018
- The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions which can be found at http://www.radiox.co.uk/competition-terms-conditions/ (the “ Competition Terms and Conditions” of Global as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to ‘Dollar Shave Club’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from Saturday 5th May to Friday 18th May 2018 on Radio X Network (the “Radio Station”).
- Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
- To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message to the number given out on air (the text message line) along with their answer to the question given out on air.
- Text messages will be charged at standard network rates.
- The opening and closing times of the text message line will be given out on air.
- There will be two chances to win. With one competition round each Friday of the competition period.
- One entrant will be selected at random from all eligible entries, of each competition round and bought to air to interact with the presenters. Should they complete the challenge set by the presenters correctly they will be awarded their prize.
- If the entrant does not complete the challenge correctly, a new winner will be bought to air for their chance. This process will continue until an entrant completes the challenge correctly and is awarded their prize.
- All Entrants selected to play on air will be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation will be recorded and played on-air if not completely live. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over or cannot continue the call for any reason the call may be terminated and another Entrant selected at random.
- Entrants must be 18 or over
- The driver of the rental car will need to be 21 or over and meet the rental requirements listed in the Specific Prize Terms.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
There will be 2 winners (1 per week) each winning:
- Return flights for two people to Los Angeles
- Fully inclusive car hire for the duration of the stay.
- Four nights’ accommodation at a 4 star centrally located hotel in Venice Beach
- Cocktails for two people at High Rooftop Lounge
- Esta fees for two people
- Travel insurance
Specific Prize Terms
- Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays (both UK and USA). Must be booked 3 months in advance.
- Flights must include a Saturday night stay in your destination. Departure airport used will be dependent on the availability from the winners nearest available international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest. Flights will be indirect. Non-UK passports holders may need a visa for this destination, which they should arrange with the Embassy at their own expense. Includes all taxes and surcharges.
- Driver must be over the age of 21 and have held a full clean driver’s licence for a minimum of 2 years. Should the lead driver be between 21 and 25 years of age, a young person’s supplements of $27 per day will need to be paid locally. Supplement will be transferred directly to the winner upon receipt of full bank details. Fully inclusive refers to unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, theft protection, local taxes and airport fees. Driver must also hold a valid credit card (not debit card) with a minimum of between £500- £1,000 (dependant on car hire company) available for security deposit, which is refundable upon safe return of the vehicle.
- Hotel is classed as a 4 Star and is based on two adults sharing a double room with en-suite bathroom on a room only basis. Twin rooms can be requested but cannot be guaranteed. At least one guest must be over the age of 21.
- Based on two cocktails per person. Winner and guest must be over the age of 21 to consume alcohol. Photo ID may be required. Reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- For all US trips, UK Passport holders must hold a valid ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) from the US Embassy, which can be applied for a minimum of 72 hours prior to travel. Anyone not holding an ESTA will be deported from the US upon arrival without exception. It is the winner’s responsibility to comply with the ESTA visa requirements of the United States of America. Approval is at the discretion of the US Embassy and NDL Group cannot be held responsible for this being rejected. Should the winner purchase their ESTA through a third party rather than the official site, NDL will only reimburse the actual cost of the ESTA and not any of the fees involved.
- Travel insurance is subject to normal terms of acceptance. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered. No age restrictions apply.
- All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
- Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.