An Evening In Conversation With Muse: ON AIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions for the competition currently running on Radio X.
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is RADIO X.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the on air competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword to one of the following radio stations shortcodes RADIO X – 83936 (MUSE) (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. Text Message Line opening times will be announced on-air.
5. In order to enter the competition, you will need to listen to Radio X between the following times on one of the following dates. Exact Text Message Line opening times will be announced on-air:
- 6:30 – 10am: 25th October - 2nd November (inclusive)
- 10am -1pm: 25th October - 1st November (inclusive)
- 1pm - 4pm: 25th October - 1st November (inclusive)
- 4pm - 7pm: 25th October - 1st November (inclusive) 7pm -10pm: 25th October - 1st November (inclusive)
6. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £5 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £5 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £5 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
8. After the Text Message Line closing times, Entrants will be selected at random from all of the entries received during the valid entry period.
9. The winner will be notified that they have won using the number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. The winner may be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. If the call is not answered, goes to voicemail, or the entrant is driving, or the quality of the call is not sufficient for broadcast (at the Promoter’s discretion), the chance to win the prize will be forfeited. Another entrant will be selected as above. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
10. You must be 16 or over to enter the Competition. If you are under 18, please ensure you have the bill payer’s permission before you enter.
11. You can enter up to 6 times each per day, however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £5 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
12. A pair of tickets for Radio X Presents an evening in conversation with Muse in London on November 8th (the “Event”). The exact location of the Event will be announced on-air.
13. This is a one-off event. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
14. The prize is non-transferable and must not be resold.
Specific prize terms:
Radio X Presents An Evening In Conversation With Muse:
15. Prize includes two tickets to the Event, which will be held in London on 8th November. The exact location of the Event will be announced on-air.
16. This is a one-off event. No alternative dates or locations are available.
17. All incidental expenses, including travel, food, drink and accommodation, are the responsibility of the prize-winner.
18. Radio X and Global Radio cannot be held responsible in circumstances where the Event is changed or cancelled for reasons outside of their control.
20. In order to claim your prize and attend the Event, you will need to submit your name (as the winner of the prize) and the name of the guest you wish to accompany you to the Event to Radio X by Friday 2nd November at midday (the method for doing this will be specified in a confirmation email to all winners). If you fail to submit this information by this deadline, you and your guest will be refused entry to the Event.
21. In order to gain entry to the Event, you (as the prize winner) and your guest will also need to complete and submit an online registration form to indicate your acceptance of the venue’s terms and conditions. The method for doing this will be specified in a confirmation email to all winners. If you or your guest fail to complete and submit this registration form, you will be refused entry to the Event.
22. Tickets for the Event will be distributed to winners and their nominated guests directly by the Venue following registration in advance of the Event.
23. All Event attendees must be 16 or over on the date of the Event in order to attend. Anyone who is aged under 18 must also complete and bring with them a signed parental waiver form. This form will be made available to all attendees at the point of online registration for the Event.
24. In order to gain entry to the Event, each attendee must bring their e-ticket (which will be issued by the venue directly) and valid Government issued photo ID.
25. Failure to comply with these rules may mean that entry to the Event is denied.
26. We require winner name, contact number & email to facilitate the prize.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG831-51159-55647).
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs at www.makesomenoise.com/premium-rate-phone-text-faqs/ or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212 196.