“20 Seconds to £20k on The Chris Moyles Show” on Radio X, March 2022 – Specific Rules
25 February 2022, 15:41 | Updated: 15 March 2022, 19:39
1. The “20 Seconds to £20k” promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Friday 11th March 2022 to Friday 18th March 2022 on Radio X, including the Radio X Text Club and online at www.radiox.co.uk. Global is the Promoter.
2. IMPORTANT: THIS PROMOTION IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IS NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF NORTHERN IRELAND. The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here (together, the ‘Promotion Terms and Conditions’). Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion, you must text in with the answer to a question, following the on-air presenter’s instructions, as heard on FM and DAB
4. There are two ways to enter the promotion:· Via SMS Text Message· Online via Radio X’s Win+ Platform
Entry via SMS Text Message:
5. To enter the promotion via SMS text Message, you must send a text message starting with the keyword PLAY plus your answer to the question asked on-air to 83936 (the ‘Text Message Line’). The text system may not recognise any other format of the keyword. Individual rounds of the Promotion will be open at the following times. Entries received outside of these times will not be included in the Promotion but may still be charged:
08:00 Friday 11th March 2022 to 07:45 Monday 14th March 2022
08:00 Monday 14th March 2022 to 07:45 Tuesday 15th March 2022
08:00 Tuesday 15th March 2022 to 07:45 Wednesday 16th March 2022
08:00 Wednesday 16th March to 07:45 Thursday 17th March 2022
08:00 Thursday 17th March 2022 to 07:45 Friday 18th March 2022
6. Text messages will be charged at £2 plus one standard network rate message.
7. On entering the Promotion, you will receive a text message back which confirms your entry and invites you to take part in an offer for bonus entries, whereby if you enter the Promotion additional times within the same Promotion round, you will receive additional entries into that Promotion round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once you’ve submitted your paid entries and you will not need to text again to claim these. If you do submit subsequent entries for the Promotion, you will be charged again. It is your responsibility to ensure that, if you respond to these offers, the text lines for the Promotion round are still open when you do so. The bonus entries cycle resets with each round of the Promotion.
8. For a full breakdown of all entry options, tariffs and costs, including bonus entries available for SMS text Message Entry, please see clause 14 below. Entry Online via Radio X’s Win+ Platform:
9. To enter the Promotion online (“Online Entry”) you must answer the question asked by the presenter(s) on-air.
10. You must visit the relevant page on Radio X’s Win+ Platform, available at (https://winplus.radiox.co.uk), submit your answer and confirm that you wish to make your entry.
11. You must then complete your entry by selecting the number of entries you would like to purchase and completing the payment journey through your chosen Payment Services Provider (PSP).
12. You must complete your entry, including payment, while the Promotion round is open. The opening and closing times for each Promotion round can be found in clause 5 (above).
13. For the avoidance of doubt, entries purchased on Win+ will be entered into one round of the Promotion only, as is the case with entry by SMS text mesage
14. All entry options, tariffs and costs, including bonus entries available for this Promotion are available in the table below. For any SMS Text Messages, you may also incur a standard network charge for each message you send us.
15. With regard to entries charged to a mobile phone (via either SMS or Direct Carrier Billing), we are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of messages and/or charges to and/or from us. Furthermore, we are not responsible for erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network or handset error. With regard to entries made online via Win+, we are not responsible for any issues or problems experienced by your chosen Payment Services Provider, which may delay the delivery of your entry to us.
16. Once the lines have closed, one entrant will be selected at random from all the entries received (from both SMS & Online). The selected entry must be eligible and have the correct answer. If that entry belongs to you, one of our representatives will call you on the telephone number on which you entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
17. If you are this entrant, you will be asked to have a call with a presenter(s). That call will either be broadcast live or pre-recorded for future broadcast. You must answer your telephone when we contact you. We will make two call attempts. Someone else cannot answer the phone, participate or accept a prize on your behalf. If: (i) you fail to answer the phone; (ii) someone else answers the phone; (iii) the call goes to voicemail; (iv) the call becomes disconnected; or (v) you are not (or do not seem to be) in a position to safely and/or lawfully take or remain on the call (for example, if you are or seem to be driving); or (vi) you are not audible or intelligible or we are not able to conduct a conversation with you in a manner that is suitable for broadcast for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to: low/no signal on your device, a call is dropped by any network, you are travelling, there is too much background noise or feedback, etc.); before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable. If you have complied with all applicable terms and conditions, and if you are successful (including correctly answering any questions and/or successfully completing any tasks – as per clauses 18 to 20), then you will be declared the winner of the Promotion, on-air.
18. The selected entrant will be given twenty seconds to name the titles of up to five selected songs. Only the correct title of a song will be accepted. The producer’s decision is final.
19. After each correct answer, the clock will be paused and the entrant will be asked to decide if they want to bank the money they have won and end the game, or continue playing and attempt to identify the next selected song title with the time left on the clock. If the timer runs out, and the entrant has not identified the current selected song title, the entrant will win nothing, even if they have already identified a number of the selected song titles correctly. (See clause 32 for prize amounts)
20. If we suspect that you have cheated in order to identify the name of any of the song titles (including, but not limited to; using an internet search engine) we may disqualify you.
21. We reserve the right to take the Promotion off-air if programming output requires it.
22. For the avoidance of doubt, unless otherwise expressly stated, each Promotion round is a separate round and the Text Message Line and Online Entry will be re-set after each round.
23. At the absolute discretion of Radio X, we reserve the right to select further entrants to participate in the Promotion on air, and not necessarily with prior notice. If we exercise this right, an additional entrant will be selected from the existing pool of entrants from the most recent round and called back to play the game as per clauses 16 and 17.
24. We may publish and publicise your name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
25. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we may interview you and your guest(s)/travel companions(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companions(s) in connection with the Promotion either by telephone or in person and we may use such films, recordings and/or photograph(s) for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
26. By entering the Promotion you are requesting that we process your entry into the Promotion immediately. We complete the entry process immediately following receipt of your entry and therefore you acknowledge that once you enter the Promotion you will lose any right you may have to cancel your entry and receive a refund (whether under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 or otherwise)
27. The Promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain (i.e. England, Scotland and Wales only) aged 18 and over, and who are based in Great Britain at the time of entry]. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion is not open to residents of Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
28. Multiple entries into the Promotion by SMS text message are permitted up to a maximum of 15 paid entries per day (£30 + standard network rate charges); any additional entries above this limit will be excluded from the Promotion.
29. Multiple entries are permitted across the Win+ platform up to a maximum of £30 spend per day; any additional entries above this limit will be excluded from the Promotion. Please note that entries into other promotions on the Win+ platform will also contribute to this daily spend limit.
30. If we believe that entrants may be entering across multiple devices or phone numbers in order to negate the spend limit, they may be disqualified from the Promotion.
31. For the avoidance of doubt, you may make entries via both SMS text message and Win+ up to the applicable limit of each method of entry. However, the Promotion is for entertainment purposes only and we strongly advise against excessive use.
32. For each song correctly identified and banked within the 20 second period, the prize amounts available will be: 1 song = £1,0002 songs = £2,0003 songs = £5,0004 songs = £10,0005 songs = £20,000
33. If you provide all necessary details via the method directed by 4pm of the day that you win the Promotion, we will aim to initiate the transfer of funds on the same day, in our discretion, otherwise will aim to do so on the following working day. If you provide your details on any other day, we will aim to initiate the transfer of funds the next working day after those details are received by us. You must provide all necessary details via the method directed within 14 days after the original request to do so otherwise the prize will be forfeited at our discretion.
34. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
35. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
36. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
37. We are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
38. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited) as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
41. We and the prize providers may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
42. We will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
43. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting email@example.com. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.