Bonehead's Bank Holiday: here's how to listen
8 May 2023, 12:10 | Updated: 8 May 2023, 16:37
This special Coronation Bank Holiday Weekend, Paul "Bonehead" Arthurs took control of Radio X for a very special show...
Paul "Bonehead" Arthurs: musician, man, myth, legend. The guitarist and founding member of Oasis was at the eye of the storm during the Manchester band's ascent to superstardom.
When Oasis sailed to the top of Radio X's Best Of British chart over Easter with the classic tune Live Forever, the star tweeted: "Bonehead's Bank Holiday for No 1 or I want a recount".
Boneheads Bank Holiday No1 or I want a recount. @RadioX— Paul Arthurs. (@BoneheadsPage) April 10, 2023
While the 1995 track didn't make it to the top (or, indeed the Top 100), Radio X thought it should only be right to make amends. So, on Monday 8th May, the musician joined us for BONEHEAD'S BANK HOLIDAY!
Bonehead's Bank Holiday
The man himself took control of the Radio X studio with Toby Tarrant playing host, delivering some of his favourite tunes, telling some tall tales and generally being an absolute legend. Some of the topics included:
- The latest updates on Bonehead's health - and when we can expect to see him back on stage
- Would Bonehead would accept a Knighthood - and which one of the Gallagher brothers he thinks would take one too
- An amazing story about John Squire of The Stone Roses and his mortal fear of cucumbers
- Who'd be in Bonehead's supergroup - with some surprises
- An actual ghost story from Bonehead!
- The eternal question of whether Liam and Noel Gallagher would ever perform together again
and much, much more!
Radio X is available on 104.9 FM in London, 97.7 FM in Manchester, across the UK on DAB digital radio and on Global Player on your smart speaker (“play Radio X”), iOS or Android device and at radiox.co.uk.