Man Dies In Fire-Related Incident At Glastonbury Festival 2016
21 June 2016, 14:46 | Updated: 21 June 2016, 15:01
The man - who is thought to be in his early 20s - was airlifted to hospital, where he sadly died due to his severe burns.
A man has died on-site at Glastonbury Festival, just two days before its due to open its doors to the public.
According to The Guardian, the man - who is thought to be in his early 20s - was airlifted from Worthy Farm to Southmead Hospital in Bristol yesterday, after being involved in a fire-related incident.
The casualty was transferred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, where he sadly died of severe burns.
According to the outlet, an ambulance helicopter was seen landing in the Green Fields area of the farm, where a fire is believed to have been caused by a petrol spillage.
A police spokesman said: “We were called by the fire service after reports of a man on fire at the Glastonbury festival site at about 5.20pm last night.
“The man suffered serious burns and was taken by air ambulance to Southmead hospital in Bristol. He was transferred to the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham, where he sadly later died.”
The police spokesman added: “The man’s family have been informed and our thoughts are with them at this time.
“Our enquiries are continuing but we are treating the death as unexplained and do not believe it to be suspicious.”
Glastonbury will officially open to the public, tomorrow on Wednesday 21 June.