On Air Now
The Kickabout with Johnny Vaughan 11am - 1pm
Greene King Pub Quiz In The Venues
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.radiox.co.uk/terms-conditions-competition) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to Greene King Pub Quiz in venue competition (the “Competition") which will run from 19:00 on Thursday 27th July 2017 to 22:00 on Thursday 27th July 2017 on Radio X.
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must visit a participating Greene King pub listed here - http://www.radiox.co.uk/win/participating-pubs-greene-king-quiz/
4. The Entrant must be part of a valid team as stated below. Pub quiz teams will be accepted by the venue’s pub quiz coordinator (the “Coordinator”) on a first come first served basis. Entrant’s can register their team by contacting the pub until 26th July at pub closing time. Entrants who have not registered by the 26th July can still submit a team on the 27th July until 19:00 but entry will not be guaranteed.
5. A valid team must contain a minimum of 2 entrants and a maximum of 6, Teams must have at least one member who is 18 years of age or over.
6. The Entrant must then take part in the pub quiz in the venue as it’s broadcast live on Radio X between 20.00 and 21.00 on Thursday 27th 2017.
7. Entrants must complete the quiz answers on the sheet provided. Quiz questions will be broadcast on Radio X. In the event that there is an interruption of the broadcast the pub quiz coordinator will repeat the question heard on air once.
8. Quiz participation will end at 21.00. Coordinators will collect answer sheets at the end of each round to mark. No further amendments will be allowed after the answers sheets have been collected and marked at the end of each round.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, to make a valid entry a team must attempt at least one of the questions and include a team name. Illegible answer sheets will be disqualified at the discretion of the Coordinator
10. Coordinators will score the answer sheets against a master answer sheet and determine the team with the highest number of points.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, teams will not lose points for incorrect answers.
12. Scoring is at the discretion of the Coordinator. Correct answers must written exactly as they appear on the master answer sheet. Variations of the correct answer will not be accepted.
13. If two or more teams in one pub venue score equal points the Coordinator will conduct a random draw to determine the winner.
14. At the end of the quiz one pub from the participating pub list will be selected at random by Radio X. The winning team from that pub will win the cash prize.
15. If the winning pub has not participated in the quiz, or is not able to demonstrate any valid team entry, the prize may be forfeited and another pub selected at random to win the prize.
16. Entrants must take part in the quiz fairly. Any behaviour that appears to compromise the fairness of the Competition will lead to the disqualification of the Entrant’s team at the Coordinator’s discretion. Such behaviour includes, but is not limited to: attempting to obtain questions or answers from the master sheet or other sources, use of mobile phone or other electronic device to obtain answers, attempting to obtain answers from other teams (or other individuals outside of their team).
17. In the event of any dispute, the Coordinator’s decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Entrants may be required to take part in publicity and by entering this competition you agree that the radio station and Greene King may use your name, likeness, photo, voice and hometown details for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law. You must be aged 25 and over to appear in promotional material. Valid photo ID (driving license or passport) may be required for each team member.
19. By entering the pub quiz each team member agrees to these terms and conditions.
20. Only entrants 18 year and over will be eligible to win the prize. A pub quiz team must have at least one entrant aged 18 years and over. The Coordinator may require valid photo ID (driving license or passport) before an entrant may participate in the Competition and/or collect the prize. Entrants should check the door policy for each participating venue as entry requirements may vary.
21. Entrants must be in a participating Greene King pub during the stated times and complete a valid answer sheet as instructed by the Coordinator.
22. Entrants can only be part of 1 pub team.
23. £3,000 to be split evenly between all eligible team members who form part of the winning team.
24. Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.