Firefighters free man's genitals from spanner
22 February 2018, 13:41
Firefighters have warned of the dangers of mishandling tools after a man's genitals became trapped in a ring spanner.
Crews were called to assist A&E; staff with a patient at Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport, south Wales, on Wednesday.
They had to use their cutting equipment to remove the steel tool.
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service issued a warning on social media afterwards.
"If you're using tools, make sure you're handling as the manufacturer recommends," it tweeted.
"Crews from Maindee and Malpas had to release a steel ring spanner from a man who took tightening nuts to a new level earlier."
The post has since been removed.
(c) Sky News 2018: Firefighters free man's genitals from spanner